Alpine S-S40 S-Series 4" & 4x6" adapter plate 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers
ALPINE S-S40 140 Watt 4" Coaxial 2-Way Car Audio Speakers
Alpine's been building quality car speakers for decades, and their latest S-Series S-S40 4" speakers are no exception. If you've been living with anemic factory sound, this step-up in range, tone definition, and power handling will make you giddy just about every time you hop behind the wheel. And if you're really jonesing for a boost in sound quality, hook them up to a powerful aftermarket stereo or amp for increased performance.
Alpine's carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cones provide next-level sturdiness but are also agile enough to handle the complexities of the midrange. Their high amplitude multi-roll rubber surround contributes to reduced distortion for a cleaner sound, while silk dome tweeters give you all the precise details that bring out the character of the instruments and vocals. If you've never experienced Alpine sound quality, these speakers are a great place to start.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- 4" S Series 2-way Coaxial Car Speakers
- Peak Power Handling: 280 watts per pair / 140 watts each
- RMS Power Handling: 90 watts per pair / 45 watts each
- Carbon Fiber cone material
- Rubber speaker surround
- 3/4" Silk Dome Tweeters
- Swivel application tweeters
- H.A.M.R surround
- Shallow mounting design
- Ferrite magnet motor structure
- Top-mount Depth: 1-3/4"
- Cutout Dimensions: 3-11/16"
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Frequency Response: 97 - 22000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Grilles not included
- Authorized Internet Dealer
What's in the S-S40 package:
- 2-way speakers
- 4x6 Adapter brackets
- 12" Lengths of speaker wire
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- Eight 5/16" Screws
- Eight 1/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 Spacers
- 2 Adhesive backed gaskets
- Warranty information
- Online product registration information
- Important Notice sheet
This product can expose you to, known to the State of California, to cause cancer. For more information, go to P65Warnings.ca.